How We're There for You as You Travel Japan
Who We Are
WorldTrips.com is owned and operated by Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group. We are an Indianapolis-based insurance provider offering travel medical insurance to individuals and groups traveling to Japan and abroad.
Are you traveling to Japan for vacation, business, mission work, or study abroad? Then our products may be ideal for you. You can review coverage options, obtain quotes, and purchase insurance entirely online at WorldTrips.com.
If you prefer a more personal touch, we also have customer service and sales representatives standing by to assist you!
Our Japanese Influence and the Legacy of Tokio Marine
We merged with Japan-based Tokio Marine in 2015. At that time, we became who we are today: Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group (previously HCC Medical Insurance Services).
As a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, we are part of a Japanese legacy that spans over 130 years. In fact, Tokio Marine was the very first insurance company in Japan. It was established in Tokyo in 1879 and remains the nation’s largest insurance provider to this day.
Tokio Marine currently employs over 39,000 individuals in 38 countries, with 25,000 employees in Japan alone. This means our representatives are never far away when you travel to Japan and abroad.
When Tokio Marine was founded in 1879, the British English spelling of “Tokyo” was written as “Tokio.” To this day we are known as Tokio Marine.
Where did the "i" in "Tokio" come from?
What We Believe
Tokio Marine doesn’t believe in chasing short-term profits. We believe that success and profits are the natural result of doing what’s best for our customers, employees, and society.
That’s why we use the words “to be a good company” to represent our vision. By balancing our strength as an organization with our compassion as individuals, we will be there for our customers and society in times of need.
This philosophy will remain unchanged for the next 100 years and beyond.
Omotenashi: Our Way of Life
The service industry is highly regarded in Japanese culture. It is a great privilege to welcome guests or customers into one’s home or business. No undertaking is considered menial if it may enhance the customer experience. This concept of selfless hospitality is known as Omotenashi.
At Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group, we aim to exceed Western ideals of customer service by incorporating the spirit of Omotenashi into our everyday operations. We do this by continually:
- improving our products and selection,
- addressing customer questions and concerns,
- updating employee training programs, and
- assessing company operations for maximum efficiency.
We believe ethics, respect, continuous improvement, and a commitment to excellence are all traits that exemplify Omotenashi. Through our collective efforts, we strive to live up to the trust you place in us and consistently exceed your expectations.
We know that Wi-Fi in Japan can be spotty, and we want you to have a smooth trip free of inconvenience and frustration. That’s why we created the Omotenashi app for customers who are traveling to Japan.
Take Omotenashi with you when you travel.
The app provides free and reliable Wi-Fi for up to seven days, as well as common Japanese phrases and travel tips to help you navigate the culture with ease.
The Global Presence of Tokio Marine
As a member of the Tokio Marine group of companies, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, our Indianapolis-based office is part of an international network spanning 38 countries.
This means that you, our valued customer, will receive both the personal care and consideration of a small business and the extensive resources and global reach of a large corporation.
Tokio Marine’s Global Network Includes:
- Over 39,000 Tokio Marine employees (65% are located in Japan while 35% are located in offices in the U.S. and abroad)
- Over 50,000 agents in Japan alone
- 244 claims service offices serving many different lines of business
- Overseas operations in 38 countries and regions around the world
Tokio Marine ranks as one of the world’s most globally diverse and financially secure insurance groups. When you purchase insurance from Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group, you’ll know your travel medical insurance plan is backed by a global company with over 130 years of experience.
More Reasons to Choose Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group
- Budget-Friendly Options. International travel medical policies for travelers to Japan can start as low as one dollar per day.
- Flexibility. Tailor your plan to meet your needs. Choose the deductible, length of coverage, and coverage maximum that are right for you.
- Ease of Use. Purchase coverage after you’ve arrived in Japan, extend your coverage after you purchase, or cancel your policy if your plans change.
- Immediate Fulfillment. Buy online and receive your policy documents immediately.
- Omotenashi App. Wi-Fi in Japan can be limited away from your accommodations. When you purchase an Atlas policy for your trip to Japan, you’ll have access to free and reliable Wi-Fi for seven days via our Omotenashi app*. The app also contains cultural tips and common translations.
*Omotenashi App access codes are limited in quantity each calendar quarter. They are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- International Provider Search Engine. A quick search will direct you to nearby doctors and hospitals in cities such as Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka, Kobe, and Nishinomiya.
- Multilingual Travel Assistance. Call for referrals or assistance with lost travel documents, lost luggage, or English-to-Japanese translations 365 days a year.
- Global Support. Tokio Marine has over 25,000 employees in Japan alone, as well as overseas operations in 38 countries and regions around the world. Our expansive network provides the global support you need to feel confident in your travels.
We’d Love to Hear from You
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need assistance. Here are 3 options for contacting us:
- Call our toll-free customer support line at (800) 605-2282
- Email us at email@example.com
- Log into Client Zone
We look forward to hearing from you!