Your core Trip Interruption benefit can provide up to $1,500 of compensation if your trip is interrupted due to a covered reason.
PROTECT YOUR TRIP WITH ATLAS ON-THE-GO TRIP INSURANCE
Atlas On-The-Go is trip protection insurance designed for U.S. residents traveling domestically or abroad. This plan can provide you with medical coverage for unexpected sickness or injury, reimbursement for lost and stolen baggage, and reimbursement for a trip that’s unexpectedly cut short.
Atlas On-The-Go Is Designed for U.S. Residents Seeking:
Reimbursement for non-refundable trip costs in case of a covered trip interruption or delay
Reimbursement for the cost of lost, stolen, or damaged luggage & personal items
Medical coverage for eligible expenses related to unexpected injury or illness, medical evacuation, & COVID-19
Why Do I Need
Atlas On-The-Go Trip Protection Insurance?
Your trip may be unexpectedly delayed or interrupted due to factors beyond your control.
Your baggage or personal belongings could be delayed, lost, stolen, or damaged.
You could get sick or hurt and need medical treatment or an emergency evacuation.
Your home country health insurance may not cover you abroad.
You may need to supplement your existing health coverage as you travel within the U.S.
Some covered reasons for trip interruption include:
- Sickness, injury, hospitalization, or death
- Travel health notice or travel advisory issued for a destination in your itinerary
- Terrorist incident or civil unrest in a destination listed in your itinerary
- Delay or cancellation of a common carrier due to strike, inclement weather, natural disaster, or mechanical breakdown
- Traffic accident while en route to your departure
IMPORTANT NOTE: Coverage varies by state of residency. Please review the Atlas On-The-Go policy documents for your state of residency to see the full list of covered reasons, conditions, and exclusions.
Up to $1,500
Travel Delay (5 Hours or More)
Up to $200 per day; $1,500 maximum
Up to $500
Emergency Accident & Sickness Medical Expense (Primary)
Up to $50,000
Up to $500
Medical Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains
Up to $500,000
Baggage Damage or Loss (Excess)
Up to $500 per article; $1,500 maximum
Baggage Delay (12 Hours or More)
Up to $500
Accidental Death & Dismemberment - 24 Hour
Up to $25,000
*Pre-Existing Condition Lookback Period
Travel Assistance Services
*Atlas On-The-Go trip protection does not offer coverage for pre-existing conditions. A 90-day lookback period for pre-existing conditions will apply before the effective date of your plan.
Click into the "Insurance Exclusions" tab above to see what qualifies as a pre-existing condition.
Select your state of residency to see the full policy documentation for your Atlas On-The-Go plan. Note that some benefits, limits, and exclusions vary by state.
View Atlas On-The-Go plan policy documents for Alaska
Unfortunately, at this time there are no plans available for residents of your state who are traveling within the U.S.
Certain types of expenses are excluded from coverage under Atlas On-The-Go trip protection insurance. Some exclusions are listed below. Please refer to the Atlas On-The-Go policy documents for your state of residency for a complete list of conditions and exclusions.
- Charges resulting from a *pre-existing condition (note that the pre-existing condition exclusion does not apply to the Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit or Repatriation of Remains benefit)
- Traveling against the advice of a physician
- Treatment for mental, nervous, or psychological disorders (unless hospitalized for 72 hours or more for the condition while your policy is in effect)
- Participant as a member of a team in an organized sports competition or as a sporting professional
- Participating in bodily contact sports, extreme sports, and certain adventure sports (see Atlas On-The-Go policy wording for your state of residency for more details)
*Pre-existing condition means an illness, disease, or other condition during the 90-day period immediately prior to your effective date of coverage for which you:
- received a test, examination, or medical treatment;
- received a recommendation for a test, examination, or medical treatment; or
- took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine.
Item (3) above does not apply to a condition which is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription medication and remains treated or controlled without any adjustments or **change in the required prescription through the 90-day period before you coverage effective date.
**Change in required prescription means the dosage or frequency of a medication has been increased, reduced, stopped, and/or new medications have been prescribed due to the worsening of an underlying condition that's being treated with the medication, unless the change is:
- between a brand name and a generic medication with comparable dosage; or
- an adjustment to insulin or anti-coagulant dosage.
Travel Assistance Services
Included In Your Atlas On-The-Go Plan
Wherever you travel with your Atlas On-The-Go trip protection coverage, you can rest easy knowing you have access to multilingual travel assistance services 365 days a year.
Travel assistance services include:
- Worldwide travel, medical, and emergency assistance
- Political and security assistance
- Pet assistance
- Concierge services
- Embassy and consular service
- Medical referrals
- Translator or interpreter referral
- Assistance with lost or stolen luggage and personal items
- Coordination of personal effects collection and return
- Assistance with return of minor children
- Arrangements for aircraft and car return
WorldTrips' Atlas Journey, Atlas Cruiser, and Atlas On-The-Go trip protection insurance products are underwritten by Tokio Marine HCC's U.S. Specialty Insurance Company (USSIC). USSIC is a Texas-domiciled insurance company operating on an admitted basis throughout the United States. Coverage is available to U.S. residents of the U.S. states and District of Columbia only. This plan provides insurance coverage that only applies during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home, and automobile insurance policies. Coverage may not be available in all states.
In the State of California, operating as WorldTrips Insurance Services. California Non-Resident Producer License Number: 0G3970