Travel Medical Insurance 101
How much do you really know about travel medical insurance? Get ready because we are going to break it all down for you! Whether you're a first-time buyer or a seasoned traveler, you may still have questions when it comes to choosing, purchasing, and using your travel medical policy. So scan the topics below and click the links the learn more!
is designed for global travelers seeking:
- Coverage for unexpected medical expenses, including COVID-19-related expenses
- Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit
- Supplemental travel benefits including Trip Interruption, Travel Delay, and Lost Checked Luggage
What You Should Know Before You Buy
- How Travel Medical Insurance Coverage Differs from Primary Health Insurance Coverage
- What Benefits Are Typically Included— and Which Aren't
- How Travel Medical Insurance Differs From Trip Protection Insurance
- When and Where You're Covered
- How to Use Your Insurance
- How Billing and Payments Work
- Where to Seek Treatment
- Potential Financial Consequences of an Uninsured Ailment
- Examples of Real Emergency Situations and Medical Costs from Actual Global Travelers
- Real-life Cost Comparison: Emergency Medical Expenses With and Without Travel Medical Insurance
- What Kinds of Travelers Should Purchase Travel Medical Insurance
- Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Purchase a Policy
- What Kinds of Travelers Should Reevaluate Their Needs— and Why
How to Choose Your Insurance Policy
- How to Determine Which Type of Policy You Need
- What to Look For in Terms of Benefits, Coverages, and Deductible
- Steps for Choosing the Best Company
- Which Reviews to Trust (and Which Not To!)
- How to Ensure You Get the Best Policy for Your Needs
How to Purchase Your Insurance Policy
- How Cost Is Configured
- What Information You Should Have on Hand
- Step-by-Step Explanation of the Purchasing Process
How to Use Your Insurance Policy
- How to Ensure You Understand Your Coverage
- How to Prepare Should You Need to File a Claim
- How Direct Billing and Reimbursement Work
- Claims Process Timeline
- How to Speed Up the Process
WorldTrips is a service company and a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies.
WorldTrips’ Atlas Travel Series and StudentSecure international travel medical insurance products are underwritten by Lloyd's. WorldTrips has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency, Ltd.
WorldTrips' Atlas Journey, Atlas Cruiser, and Atlas On-The-Go trip protection insurance products are underwritten by Tokio Marine HCC's U.S. Specialty Insurance Company (USSIC). USSIC is a Texas-domiciled insurance company operating on an admitted basis throughout the United States. Coverage is available to U.S. residents of the U.S. states and District of Columbia only. This plan provides insurance coverage that only applies during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home, and automobile insurance policies. Coverage may not be available in all states.
In the State of California, operating as WorldTrips Insurance Services. California Non-Resident Producer License Number: 0G39705.