As Seen In
Discover the Top Honeymoon Destinations for 2023
Choosing a honeymoon destination can be both exciting and overwhelming. Rather than settling for a destination recommended by a friend or distant relative, couples may find greater satisfaction by narrowing down options based on personal preferences and unique interests.
Whether you want to explore the mountains, wine and dine in opulent restaurants, or relax on a sunny beach, there are destinations across the U.S. and around the world that will deliver on your dreams, budget, and expectations.
- A partner when you need it. Contact us anytime and from anywhere. Our multilingual customer support team is on call 24/7 to answer your questions if an emergency arises.
- A plan to fit you. Choose from several different types of travel insurance with varying coverage levels and optional upgrades to create personalized coverage for your trip.
- Proof of coverage. Proof of coverage will be delivered to you immediately upon purchase. Easily access your insurance card and visa letter to prove you have coverage throughout your entire trip.
Best Honeymoon Destinations 2023
Getting married usually involves months of wedding planning, but that isn't the only thing that requires your attention during an engagement. Most couples opt to take a honeymoon following the ceremony, and many consider it an opportunity to seek out a once-in-a-lifetime honeymoon destination they will never forget.
For some, an ideal getaway might be in an exotic locale, whereas for others, it might be somewhere closer to home, with an emphasis on the best honeymoon destinations in the USA. With so many options to choose from, settling on a honeymoon destination can be a fun and exciting journey for any couple.
Top Honeymoon Destinations
Jetsetters willing to journey anywhere around the globe for their dream vacation will find a myriad of romantic destinations, many of which have garnered a reputation for being among the top honeymoon destinations in the world.
Some of the most popular options include:
- Santorini, Greece – Famously known for its iconic Caldera Cliffs, honeymooners to Santorini often choose cliffside accommodations with private pools. In addition to taking in the breathtaking views and sunsets, couples can enjoy wine tasting, catamaran cruises, or even cliff-jumping.
- Kyoto, Japan – What better place to begin a long and fulfilling marriage than among the peaceful energy and zen of Kyoto, Japan? Peppered with temples, gardens, and shrines, honeymooners can tap into their spiritual side. Top off the trip by hopping over to the Okinawa Islands for some relaxing beach time.
- Banff, Canada – This small town in Canada shares its namesake with the destination in which it resides – Banff National Park. Filled with natural hot springs, caves, mountain peaks, and stunning glacial lakes, a visit here gives the feeling of going "off-grid" without giving up small luxuries like fine dining and shopping.
- Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii, U.S. – It's no secret that Hawaii is frequented by honeymooners. Many opt for the islands of Maui or Oahu, overlooking what is perhaps the most romantic island of them all – Kauai. This island has retained much of its natural, rugged beauty. A stay in Poipu gives couples easy access to sunny beaches, as well as boutique shopping, luxurious spas, world-class golfing, and a short drive to Waimea Canyon.
- Cape Town, South Africa – No culture on the planet quite compares to that of South Africa. There are beautiful beaches, unique cuisine, stunning gardens, and a thriving wine scene. No trip is complete without a visit to Table Mountain, to which couples can hike or take the more relaxing cable cars.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Honeymooners looking to the Middle East for their travels should not overlook the bustling city of Dubai. Known for its luxury, this destination offers the most in shopping and dining, as well as gorgeous architecture and adventures in the nearby desert and beaches.
- Queenstown, New Zealand – Queenstown is an adventurous couple's dream, no matter what time of year you visit. Winter offers snowy mountain treks with skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports available in abundance. During the warmer months, honeymooners might opt for valley wine tastings, upscale dining, or making memories bungie-jumping or canyon-swinging.
- Nadi, Fiji – Located on the main island in Fiji, this municipality offers a serene atmosphere, golf, hiking, and beautiful scenery. Its picturesque over-the-water bungalows are situated over the clear and tranquil waters of the Pacific Ocean, making it easily on of the top honeymoon destinations in the world.
Best Honeymoon Destinations Europe
The best honeymoon destinations in Europe are the places that are romanticized for their food, historical relevance, and culture. Europe has old-world charm that appeals to couples who want to get lost in a different time.
The most romantic places in Europe for a honeymoon include:
- Paris, France – The quintessential destination for romance, Paris offers the classic honeymoon experience, from fine dining and cobblestone streets to the glitz and glamour of the Eiffel Tower.
- Rome, Italy – In a city that is thousands of years old, couples are transported through many centuries of world history. Honeymooners can visit the Vatican, see the famous Colosseum, and toss a coin in the famous Trevi Fountain to ensure their future return to the ancient city.
- Liscannor, Ireland – Couples destined for Ireland may want to find a bed and breakfast in Liscannor, which will give easy access to the nearby Cliffs of Moher. Rent a car and start driving to explore medieval castles and find a cold beer on tap in a classic Irish pub.
- Venice, Italy – The city underwater is unlike any other in the world. Venice requires its visitors to access various areas of the city by water taxi – including the famously romantic singing gondoliers. No wonder it remains among the best honeymoon destinations in 2023.
- Stockholm, Sweden – Also one of the best honeymoon destinations in Europe for 2023, Stockholm is upscale and chic. Couples can venture into Old Town, enjoy waterfront dining, take in a show, attend the opera, and visit the famous Viking Museum.
Best Honeymoon Destinations 2023 in USA
With so many different climates, topographies, and cultures, there are many reasons why some honeymooners prefer a U.S.-based honeymoon.
- Sandpiper Bay, Florida – While there aren't many options for affordable all-inclusive honeymoon packages in the USA, Club Med in Sandpiper Bay, Florida fits the bill. A stay here means everything is included, from your accommodations to your meals and activities.
- Tucson, Arizona – Honeymooners looking for secluded honeymoon destinations in USA can take in the breathtaking beauty of the Painted Desert when staying in Tucson. Visitors should also venture to the Grand Canyon and consider a stay in one of Arizona's spa-based resorts for ultimate relaxation.
- Charleston, South Carolina – Visit this East Coast town for its southern hospitality and charm, as well as its history, cobblestone streets, and famous fine dining.
- San Francisco, California – The steep hills, unique architecture, and famous landmarks of San Francisco offer endless fun for honeymooners. San Francisco is one of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA because of its countless natural and man-made attractions, including Fisherman's Wharf, the historic cable cars, Union Square, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Be sure to carve out time to go over the bay to Redwood National Forest, the Marin Headlands, the artsy village of Sausalito, or even add a couple of days in Napa Valley or Yosemite National Park.
- Key West, Florida – Home to the southernmost point of the continental United States, Key West has a unique and eclectic island vibe. Couples can explore on foot and compare the famous tastes of the island, from conch fritters to key lime pie.
Best Honeymoon Destinations on a Budget
Traveling on a budget doesn't have to diminish the quality of a honeymoon. Many destinations can be accessed affordably, particularly if couples are willing to travel during the off-season.
Some of the best honeymoon destinations on a budget are:
- Cancun, Mexico – With countless all-inclusive resorts, this is an affordable beach honeymoon destination easily accessed with a short flight from the U.S. Relax on the beach or take a day trip to ancient Mayan ruins.
- San Antonio, Texas – This Texas city has many attractions that cost nothing to enjoy. Perhaps most romantic of all is the downtown River Walk full of shopping and cultural experiences. Enjoy walking, dining, and exploring the city and take a trip to the famous Alamo.
- Denver, Colorado – Another of the best honeymoon destinations on a budget in the U.S. is Denver. This city is known for its lively culture, including countless local breweries. Rent a car and take a drive into the Rocky Mountains for some fly-fishing or snow tubing.
- Destin, Florida – Located on Florida's Emerald Coast, Destin offers beautiful sand and water with plenty of affordable dining options as well as accommodations. Crab Island is one of the top attractions in the area, popular with locals and tourists alike.
- Las Vegas, Nevada – In Las Vegas, visitors can find steals on hotel rooms and dining along the famous neon-drenched Strip and in downtown. Stroll the Strip during the day, take in a low-priced show, and watch the free attractions, such as the famous Bellagio fountains.
Unique Honeymoon Destinations
There are endless options for unique honeymoon destinations. From unique honeymoon destinations in the USA to unique honeymoon destinations in Europe, don't be afraid to think outside the box.
- Portland, Oregon, U.S. – Known for its arts and unique personality, Portland is an unusual honeymoon destination with plenty to do. Enjoy the food, visit some galleries, or head west to the coast for some deep-sea fishing or whale watching.
- Munich, Germany – A visit to Munich at the right time of year could mean visiting world-renowned events like the German Christmas markets and Oktoberfest.
- Branson, Missouri, U.S. – Take in a show, enjoy an evening dinner cruise, or even visit Silver Dollar City for some affordable but unique thrills.
- Masai Mara, Kenya – Few things are more unique than a honeymoon that takes you on an authentic African safari. Masai Mara is a top safari destination in Africa for adventurous honeymooners.
- Austin, Texas, U.S. – “Stay weird" in Austin with hikes through the hill country, outdoor concerts, and fun nights on the famous Sixth Street downtown.
All-Inclusive Honeymoon Packages 2023
If it's all-inclusive you're looking for, you have options. Some all-inclusive honeymoon packages for 2023 include:
- Jamaica – Known for affordable all-inclusive honeymoon packages, resorts in Jamaica stretch from Montego Bay to the famous beaches of Negril. Check out Excellence Oyster Bay or the couples-only Secrets St. James.
- St. Lucia – Unlike any other Caribbean island, St. Lucia boasts all-inclusive resorts with views of the Piton mountains and the ocean. Consider Jade Mountain Resort, with its all-inclusive dive and adventure honeymoon packages.
- Maui – Although not often associated with all-inclusive resorts, it is possible to find honeymoon packages in Maui with many features. At Hyatt Regency Maui, club level guests enjoy accommodations, a breakfast buffet, snacks, and resort activities.
- Florida – The Bungalows Key Largo are a rare all-inclusive in the U.S. Stay in a quaint cottage and enjoy the boutique vibes and fine dining at this romantic resort.
- Europe – It’s possible to find luxury honeymoon packages in Europe. You can opt for a club-level stay at a resort or splurge on a semi-private guided tour from a company like Trafalgar that includes your airport pickup/drop off, accommodations, sightseeing, and most or all meals during the trip.
Be Sure to Explore These Related Resources: