As Seen In
What’s the Best Time of Year to Visit Turks and Caicos?
Turks and Caicos is a popular island vacation destination for people all over the world. Discover the best time of year to visit this British overseas territory, some activities to add to your itinerary, notable festivals you won’t want to miss, and the top hotels and resorts to consider booking. This page also covers travel restrictions and requirements for the islands to ensure you’ll be prepared for your trip.
- A partner when you need it. Contact us anytime and from anywhere. Our multilingual customer support team is on call 24/7 to answer your questions if an emergency arises.
- A plan to fit you. Choose from several different types of travel insurance with varying coverage levels and optional upgrades to create personalized coverage for your trip.
- Proof of coverage. Proof of coverage will be delivered to you immediately upon purchase. Easily access your insurance card and visa letter to prove you have coverage throughout your entire trip.
Best Time to Travel to Turks and Caicos
Considering a trip to these sunny islands for beaching and exploring? While personal preferences vary, there are a few considerations that can help you narrow down the best time to visit Turks and Caicos.
Below, we’ll cover the following topics to help you make your decision:
- When Should You Visit the Turks and Caicos Islands?
- Turks and Caicos Hurricane Season
- Turks and Caicos Weather by Month
- Things to Do in Turks and Caicos
- Turks and Caicos Hotels
- Turks and Caicos Travel Restrictions
When Should You Visit the Turks and Caicos Islands?
Many tourists prefer to avoid the hurricane season (June through the end of November). However, adventurous travelers can find many deals during this period. Turks and Caicos is a popular destination over the Christmas and New Year’s holidays too—just be aware that prices may be at their highest during this period. Springtime is a wonderful time to visit, but again, it is a very popular time with many visitors on the islands.
Many tourists take the risk and visit during the tail ends of the rainy season in June, October, and November. During this low season, you can usually expect fewer tourists and better pricing for airfare and accommodations. It could be possible to plan a successful trip during hurricane season. You just need to be prepared!
Some plans, like WorldTrips’ Atlas Journey plans, offer an optional Trip Cancellation for Any Reason (CFAR) benefit upgrade that may provide some reimbursement of your prepaid, nonrefundable trip costs if you cancel your trip for a reason that is not already covered by the base plan (like poor weather during the period of your trip). Just be sure you review the plan’s cancellation procedures before canceling your trip.
Turks And Caicos Hurricane Season
The Turks and Caicos hurricane season runs from June 1st until November 30th like that of many other destinations in the Caribbean. If you are willing to take a chance on the weather, this off-season offers many great travel deals. Expenses like flights to Turks and Caicos, hotel stays, and water-sport rentals are often more affordable during this time of year, as companies hope to encourage travelers to visit during the slow season.
However, travel delays or interruptions may be more likely, and the Turks and Caicos rainy season means there might be more rainy days during your trip.
Just make sure you read your plan’s coverage details and exclusions to ensure you understand what is and isn’t covered. For example, the Atlas Journey Premier, Atlas Journey Preferred, and Atlas Journey Economy plans from WorldTrips could reimburse your prepaid, nonrefundable trip expenses if you or your airline cancel your trip because:
- Your booked accommodations are made uninhabitable by a hurricane named after your coverage is in effect
Atlas Journey Premier and Atlas Journey Preferred also provide reimbursement if you or your airline cancel your trip because:
- Your or your travel companion’s trip departure city or destination city is under a travel warning issued by the NOAA National Hurricane Center within 12 hours of your scheduled departure date (as long as the storm which triggered this hurricane warning was not named prior to the coverage going into effect)
If you'd rather not have the stress of worrying that a hurricane may derail your trip, your best bet is to travel sometime in the months from early December through the end of April. Just note that prices could be higher and the islands will likely be busier.
Discover more tips for traveling during hurricane season.
Turks And Caicos Weather by Month
The weather in Turks and Caicos is pretty spectacular year-round. But if you’re wondering when to schedule your trip, keep reading. Let's take a closer look at the Turks and Caicos weather by month:
- Weather in Turks and Caicos in January – Evenings see cooler temperatures around 68 degrees Fahrenheit, but the daytime is still quite warm.
- Weather in Turks and Caicos in February – Weather is about the same as in January, with warm daytime weather and cooler evenings.
- Weather in Turks and Caicos in March – Good news for spring breakers; temperatures begin to rise this month with highs around 82 degrees Fahrenheit, and there is very little rain.
- Weather in Turks and Caicos in April – This month sees a steady rise in temperatures as it gets closer to the summer months.
- Weather in Turks and Caicos in May – College kids out for the summer can enjoy increasingly warm temperatures with some more humidity.
- Weather in Turks and Caicos in June – This month the temperatures heat up even more, with highs around 88 degrees Fahrenheit and lows around 73 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Weather in Turks and Caicos in July – July starts the peak temperature months, with highs averaging around 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Turks and Caicos Weather in August – The summer heat continues into August, with rain picking up as the hurricane season approaches.
- Turks and Caicos Weather in September – Hurricane season is in full swing this month, with frequent rain and higher temperatures.
- Turks and Caicos Weather in October – This is not the most ideal time to visit, as precipitation levels continue to rise, but more flexible travelers could find some great bargains this month.
- Turks and Caicos Weather in November – Hurricane season runs through the end of this month, and temperatures begin to fall to highs around 84 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Turks and Caicos Weather in December – Hurricane season is officially over and temperatures remain warm with highs around 81 degrees Fahrenheit. Just be prepared for some chillier evenings.
- Salt Cay Day (late April) – traditional Caribbean island festival
- Valentine’s Day Cup (Valentine’s Day weekend) – model sailboat races
- Kite Flying Competition (Easter Monday)
- Big South Regatta (last weekend in May) – traditional yacht regatta
- Caicos Classic Annual Release Tournament (late May or early June) – off-shore fishing tournament
- Conch Festival (last weekend in November) – food festival
- Authorization through the TCI Assured portal is no longer required
- A negative COVID-19 test is no longer required
- Insurance is no longer required
- Face masks are no longer required
Overall, you can generally expect temperatures between 85 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit from June to October and temperatures from 80 to 84 degrees Fahrenheit from November to May. The trade winds help to keep the climate comfortable without it getting too hot.
Turks And Caicos Things to Do
Before choosing your trip date, you might want to decide what activities you want to enjoy so you can plan your trip accordingly. You won't want to miss the weekly island fish fry that takes place on Thursdays. There are also a number of world-class snorkeling sites and amazing whale-watching opportunities.
Holidays and festivals can be a great time in the Turks and Caicos Islands too. Here are some of the popular ones:
Turks And Caicos Hotels
There is a range of accommodation options available, and some of the best hotels in Turks and Caicos are properties whose names you will recognize. Turks and Caicos hotels and Turks and Caicos resorts tend to be on the more luxurious end of the spectrum, but there are some family and budget-friendly options available too.
If you are looking for a luxe vacation where you can be pampered and indulge in spa services, look no further than Amanyara, whose “lush tropical pavilions overlook half a mile of white sand beaches and the turquoise waters of Providenciales' North West Point Marine National Park.”
Scuba and snorkel enthusiasts will feel right at home at Bohio Dive Resort, located in Grand Turk. And singles or couples looking to get away from it all can book a room at the adults-only retreat known as One on Marlin.
Families and large groups may find it easier to rent a villa where they have the option to cook their own meals and have ample space to accommodate their group. The villas that are available in Turks and Caicos range from basic accommodations to super-deluxe dream homes.
Turks And Caicos Travel Restrictions
Before you book your trip, you'll want to make sure you're on top of the Turks and Caicos travel restrictions and requirements. This interactive travel restrictions map from WorldTrips and Sherpa is a terrific resource to find out what restrictions may impact your trip. It's updated in real-time, so be sure to check it often as your departure date grows closer.
As of May 1, 2022, the following changes have been made to Turks and Caicos’ entry requirements:
However, all visitors aged 18 and over must still be fully vaccinated to enter the Turks and Caicos. Your airline will check your vaccination status prior to boarding and your vaccination status will be checked again upon your arrival in Turks and Caicos.
What Does It Mean to Be Fully Vaccinated?
Being fully vaccinated means you are 14 days past receiving the second dose of any World Health Organization (WHO) approved vaccine (or 14 days after the first dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Booster shots are not required at this time.
Proof of vaccination may be paper or digital, such as E-certificates and vaccination cards. See other acceptable forms of proof of vaccination under the “Proof of Vaccination” section on the Visit Turks and Caicos Islands website.
Note that there are only a few exemptions to the mandatory vaccination requirement. You can see these under the “Exemptions to Mandatory Vaccination” section.
Be sure to keep a close eye on the requirements for visiting Turks and Caicos, as they can change without notice. You will be responsible for meeting all updated requirements.
Be Sure to Explore These Related Resources:
Ready to Buy? Start Your Custom Travel Insurance Quote Below.
WorldTrips is a service company and a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies.
WorldTrips’ Atlas Travel Series and StudentSecure international travel medical insurance products are underwritten by Lloyd's. WorldTrips has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency, Ltd.
WorldTrips' Atlas Journey, Atlas Cruiser, and Atlas On-The-Go trip protection insurance products are underwritten by Tokio Marine HCC's U.S. Specialty Insurance Company (USSIC). USSIC is a Texas-domiciled insurance company operating on an admitted basis throughout the United States. Coverage is available to U.S. residents of the U.S. states and District of Columbia only. This plan provides insurance coverage that only applies during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home, and automobile insurance policies. Coverage may not be available in all states.
In the State of California, operating as WorldTrips Insurance Services. California Non- Resident Producer License Number: 0G39705