Schengen Visa Insurance for 2020
Get Travel Medical Insurance That Meets Current Schengen Visa Requirements
Traveling on a Schengen visa is one of the most convenient ways to experience Europe. A Schengen visa will allow you to visit and move freely between the 26 countries that make up the Schengen Area.
But before you are approved for a Schengen visa, you will need to gather all of the required documents. One such requirement is having travel medical insurance that meets Schengen visa insurance requirements.
Below, we outline what you need to make sure you have qualifying travel medical insurance for your trip to the Schengen Area in 2020.
Requirements for Schengen Visa Insurance in 2020
You are free to choose your own travel medical insurance for your Schengen visa. However, it must meet the insurance requirements as established in Regulation 810/2009 (the Visa Code).
To be valid, Schengen visa insurance must include:
- Minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros (about USD $33,819)
- Coverage for expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons
- Coverage for expenses which might arise in connection with urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment
- Coverage for expenses which might arise as a result of the individual’s death
- Coverage for the entire period of the individual’s intended stay or transit
- Valid in all Schengen Area countries
Atlas Travel Meets Schengen Visa Insurance Requirements
Atlas Travel is budget-friendly travel medical insurance for unexpected health issues abroad. The insurance is valid in the Schengen Area and nearly anywhere else you travel outside of your home country.
Atlas Travel offers multiple coverage levels so you can choose the plan that’s right for you. Plus, Atlas Travel plans start at $0.44* per day and peak at $19.63** per day. That means plans can fall anywhere between $3.08 and $137.41 per week.
Atlas Travel Highlights Ideal for Schengen Travelers:
- Up to $2,000,000 for unexpected injury or illness
- Up to $1,000,000 for Emergency Medical Evacuation
- AD&D and Repatriation benefits
- 100% coverage for eligible expenses incurred in the Schengen Area after the deductible and up to the overall maximum limit
Atlas Travel Features Ideal for Your Schengen Area Trip
*$0.44 per day based on the 2020 Atlas Travel daily rate for a traveler in the youngest age group (14 days – 29 years) who is traveling outside the U.S. with the highest deductible ($5,000) and the lowest overall maximum coverage limit available to this age group ($50,000).
**$19.63 per day based on the 2020 Atlas Travel daily rate for a traveler in the oldest age group (80+) who is traveling to the U.S. with the lowest deductible ($0) and the only overall maximum coverage limit available to this age group ($10,000).
How Atlas Travel Meets Schengen Visa Insurance Requirements:
Schengen Visa Insurance Requirement
Atlas Travel Benefit
Minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros (about USD $33,819)
✔ Up to $2,000,000 in maximum coverage for those under age 65
✔ Up to $100,000 in maximum coverage for those age 65 to 79
Coverage for expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons
✔ Emergency Medical Evacuation to the nearest appropriate facility up to $1,000,000 lifetime maximum. Costs for air or ground transportation ticket home are also provided for eligible injuries/illnesses.
Coverage for expenses which might arise in connection with urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment
✔Hospital Room and Board
✔Emergency Room Co-Payment
✔Intensive Care Unit
✔Physical Therapy & Chiropractic Care
Coverage for expenses which might arise as a result of the individual’s death
✔Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
✔Repatriation of Remains
✔Local Burial or Cremation
✔Common Carrier Accidental Death
Coverage for the entire period of the individual’s intended stay or transit
✔Coverage available up to 365 days for non-U.S. citizens whose travel does not include the U.S. (Coverage may be renewed for up to 2 additional coverage periods)
✔Coverage available up to 364 days for all other travelers (Coverage not renewable)
Valid in all Schengen Area countries
✔ All Schengen countries are included
Not sure what you need, exactly?
We can help you decide.
Give us a call at (800) 605-2282.
Other Requirements for a Schengen Visa
In addition to having insurance that meets Schengen visa requirements, you will need to submit the following to your designated consulate as part of your application:
- Completed and signed visa application form
- Two recent, color photographs that meet ICAO requirements
- Fingerprints (may be collected at your visa appointment)
- Application fee payment
- Supporting documents which prove:
- the purpose of your travel
- that you have planned for accommodations
- your intentions to return to your country of residence at the end of your trip
- your means of subsistence