Understanding Insurance Reviews Online
More and more consumers are relying on customer reviews to guide their purchase decisions. In fact, as of 2020, 93% of consumers read online reviews before buying something, and 94% of consumers have avoided a company due to a bad review according to a 2022 study!
Reviews can help you decide what companies and products are trustworthy and reliable by revealing which are highest in customer satisfaction. However, there are several things to keep in mind as you begin your search for a travel medical provider:
- Research shows that unhappy customers are more likely to write negative reviews than happy customers are to write positive reviews. Since negative interactions are more likely to remain top of mind, they’re also more likely to be shared by word of mouth and on social media. This is why, when perusing customer reviews, it’s important to take into account the whole picture—not just the negative.
- Even the best businesses have a few unhappy customers in the bunch, so be wary of any company that has hundreds of perfect reviews— and none that are negative. After all, you may not want to give your business to a company that hides all accounts of an undesirable customer experience (or one that pays for fake reviews!)
- A quality company will care about customer feedback, whether it’s positive or negative. Note whether – and how quickly— a company reaches out to dissatisfied customers in order to gauge its level of customer service.
- The most satisfied insurance customers are the ones who understand exactly what their policies do and do not cover. Read through the product page and policy documents for the plan you’ve selected to ensure it’s right for you. If you understand how and when benefits and exclusions apply before you purchase the policy, you’ll have more realistic expectations for what your policy will cover if/when you experience a health emergency abroad. And remember, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call the company and ask!
More Travel Medical Insurance 101 Content
- Travel Medical Insurance 101 Home
- What is Travel Medical Insurance?
- How Does Travel Medical Insurance Work?
- Why Buy Travel Medical Insurance?
- Who Should Buy Travel Medical Insurance?
- Who Shouldn't Buy Travel Medical Insurance?
- Understanding Insurance Reviews Online
- How to Choose the Best Travel Medical Insurance
- What to Do Before You Buy a Policy
- How Much Does Travel Medical Insurance Cost?
- How to Buy Travel Medical Insurance
- What to Do After You Buy a Policy
- How Does the Claims Process Work?
is designed for global travelers seeking:
- Coverage for unexpected medical expenses, including COVID-19-related expenses
- Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit
- Supplemental travel benefits including Trip Interruption, Travel Delay, and Lost Checked Luggage
WorldTrips international travel medical insurance products are underwritten by Lloyd's. WorldTrips is a service company and a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies. WorldTrips has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.