Your trip to the USA could be the adventure of a lifetime – but that’s not to say the planning won’t still be stressful. In addition to budgeting, securing accommodations, and purchasing flights, you’ve got to navigate the visa process and find suitable health insurance. And that’s all before you step foot on American soil!
To aid in the process, we’ve gathered our best USA visitor resources. So, whether you’re looking for visa application steps, visa interview tips, or visitor health insurance information, you’ve come to the right place!
is designed for global travelers seeking:
- Coverage for unexpected medical expenses, including COVID-19-related expenses
- Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit
- Supplemental travel benefits including Trip Interruption, Travel Delay, and Lost Checked Luggage
Did You Know?
Your home country health insurance may not cover you in the USA – or it may provide very limited international coverage. If you do not have applicable health coverage as you travel abroad, you could find yourself solely responsible for any out-of-pocket medical expenses that stem from an unexpected injury or illness in the United States.
Who Might Benefit From USA Visitor Health Insurance?
- USA tourists and leisure travelers
- Parents visiting their children in the U.S.
- Temporary workers and business visitors
- Family members of temporary and seasonal workers
- International students and exchange program participants
USA Visitor Visas & Health Insurance
Check out our Visitor Visa Health Insurance page to discover:
- The different types of USA visitor visas
- How to get a USA visitor visa
- What visitor health insurance covers
- Your visitor health insurance options
Or choose your visitor type below to learn more about the corresponding visa and your health insurance options:
I am a tourist or leisure visitor traveling to the USA on a B-2 visa.
→ Click here to learn more about the B-2 visa or to discover your health insurance options.
I am a temporary business visitor or seasonal worker traveling to the USA on one of the following visas:
- H-2A Visa – For Temporary or Seasonal Agricultural Workers
- H-2B Visa – For Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers
- L-1 Visa – For Intracompany Transferee Executives or Managers
→ Click here to learn more about visas for temporary business visitors or seasonal workers or to discover your health insurance options.
I am a dependent family member of an H-category visa holder traveling to the USA on an H-4 visa.
→ Click here to learn more about the H-4 visa or to discover your health insurance options.
Additional Resources for USA Visitors:
- Interested in taking part in the Visa Waiver Program? Find out whether you’re eligible and how you can apply!
- Nervous for your visa interview? Check out these practice questions and visa interview tips.
- Purchasing USA visitor insurance for your parents? Learn what to look for in a plan and learn about their options.
- Citizen or resident of India in need of a USA visitor health policy? Look no further!
WorldTrips international travel medical insurance products are underwritten by Lloyd's. WorldTrips is a service company and a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies. WorldTrips has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency, Ltd.