A StudentSecure plan can reduce your personal expenses if you face an unexpected injury or
illness throughout the course of your international studies. All four plans include multilingual travel assistance services and access to our
Member Portal, where you can download your visa letter, renew your coverage as needed, and
manage your policy online.
Okay, Hear Us Out... International Student Insurance
is designed for international students seeking:
- Coverage that meets or exceeds most government and visa requirements including J-1 visa requirements
- Coverage that meets the requirements of many programs and schools at a budget-friendly rate
- Important medical benefits, including some Outpatient Prescription Drug coverage and some Mental Health coverage
As Seen In
It's Finally Time
After over two years of remote, hybrid, or in-person learning in their home country, many students are very ready to get out there and travel abroad for school.
Where will your study abroad trip take you this year? The United Kingdom? Australia? China? Not to be overly dramatic, but anyone who's done it before knows that studying abroad can truly change your life. The immersion into a new country and culture and the lifelong friendships are just the tip of the iceberg.
And while you're having the time of your life studying and exploring, it's smart to be aware of what could go wrong and how you can prepare. Purchasing international student health insurance can be an important but easily overlooked step in your travel preparations.
We're There for the Unexpected
What kind of "unexpected" are we talking about? We're referring to an unexpected illness, a broken ankle, or a new medical diagnosis that requires treatment and medicine abroad. With WorldTrips' international student insurance, we can be the helping hand you need when trying to manage a medical emergency in an unfamiliar healthcare system.
With many programs, schools, and visas requiring health insurance for international students, a health insurance plan created for students may be just the thing you need to help cover those unexpected expenses. Get a free quote for our WorldTrips StudentSecure® plan today. We're ready whenever you are!
Where in the world can we travel?
Thanks to our partnership with Sherpa, we have the answers.
Why Do I Need
International Student Health Insurance?
There are several reasons to consider an international student insurance plan like StudentSecure for your overseas studies:
- To Meet Visa Requirements: Most countries require international students to possess a valid student visa. Some visas require proof of insurance that meets specific requirements. StudentSecure meets the insurance requirements of most visas, including the J-1 visa.
As a StudentSecure policyholder, you will have access to a visa letter you can use as proof of coverage. You can download your visa letter through the Member Portal, where you can conveniently manage your policy online.
- To Meet Your Study Abroad Program or School Requirements: Your program or university may require you to have valid student health insurance that meets requirements. Many programs and schools provide their own insurance plans, but oftentimes allow students to purchase alternate coverage that meets requirements.
Upon purchase of a StudentSecure policy, we will help you provide proof of coverage that meets requirements to your program or school. Simply submit a request for a waiver form and/or visa letter to [email protected]. We will send completed copies of the form(s) to you and your school.
- To Cover Unexpected Medical Expenses: Your regular health insurance may not provide adequate coverage while you are outside of your home country. International student health insurance like StudentSecure can provide travel assistance and help mitigate unexpected medical costs.
WorldTrips international travel medical insurance products are underwritten by Lloyd's. WorldTrips is a service company and a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies. WorldTrips has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency, Ltd.