As Seen In
Discover the Best Destinations for a Relaxing Pre-Baby Vacation
While babymoons are most common for first-time parents, some second or third-time parents-to-be enjoy making time to get away for a bit before the arrival of a new baby. Welcoming a new member of the family is a significant shift. Having a bit of a breather before the arrival of a new bundle of joy can be an effective way to relax and prepare. These destinations are perfect for a well-deserved babymoon!
- A partner when you need it. Contact us anytime and from anywhere. Our multilingual customer support team is on call 24/7 to answer your questions if an emergency arises.
- A plan to fit you. Choose from several different types of travel insurance with varying coverage levels and optional upgrades to create personalized coverage for your trip.
- Proof of coverage. Proof of coverage will be delivered to you immediately upon purchase. Easily access your insurance card and visa letter to prove you have coverage throughout your entire trip.
Best Babymoon Destinations in the USA & Abroad
Has preparing for your baby made you worn out and exhausted? These babymoon destinations are perfect for anyone seeking the best babymoon destinations for 2022 and 2023. While everyone has different tastes and expectations, these babymoon destinations for 2022 and 2023 include everything from affordable to luxury options in the United States and abroad.
But first, remember: It is commonly accepted that travel should be curtailed at around 35 weeks, but it's important to check with your doctor before booking your getaway.
Babymoon Destinations USA
Some of the best babymoon destinations in the U.S. provide wonderful pre-baby activities like sightseeing, relaxing at the beach, and fine dining. A change of scenery is often enough to help recharge one's batteries, but having a few activity options can also be rejuvenating. Whether you want to lie on the beach, explore a new city, or just reconnect with your partner, we've got you covered!
- Charleston, South Carolina – Charleston is a true favorite and one of the top winter babymoon spots for anyone seeking a destination that offers beach relaxation plus a whole lot more. It's also one of the top babymoon destinations on the east coast.
In addition to the beautiful beaches on Kiawah Island or Isle of Palms, there is plenty to see and do in Charleston. Take a historical tour, explore Rainbow Row, or enjoy dinner at a rooftop bar. Spring and summer may be a bit too hot and humid, which is why Charleston is one of the best babymoon destinations for the USA winter. Be sure to pack your appetite, as Charleston is a favorite of foodies from all over the world!
- San Diego, California – Anyone who is considering popular beach babymoon destinations should absolutely add this fun beach town to their list. The temperate climate makes San Diego a wonderful year-round destination.
In addition to its amazing coast and beaches, San Diego boasts a vibrant art scene. It is also a destination that has many affordable options for lodging and dining.
- Milton, New York – Home to the charming Buttermilk Falls Inn + Spa, this resort is often considered one of the best babymoon resorts in the USA. It is especially popular with residents of the greater New York City area who want to visit one of the top luxury babymoon destinations in the USA without having to travel too far.
The on-site restaurant means that you never need to leave the property! Check-in during the fall months and enjoy some of the gorgeous leaves—or visit during the summer to escape the heat of the city. This resort is truly a year-round destination.
These are just a few of the best babymoon destinations in America. No need to worry about finding your passport or following COVID guidelines for American travelers looking to keep things simple!
Best International Babymoon Destinations
Choosing an international destination for your babymoon can be challenging as the possibilities are endless! From Caribbean resorts in Cabo to villas in Greece, your imagination is the only limitation when it comes to the best international babymoon destinations.
To help narrow down the possibilities, decide if you want a hotel, a full-service resort, or would rather rent a home or condo. There are many babymoon destinations worldwide, with one of them sure to be the perfect option for you. Travelers seeking the best babymoon destinations during COVID should be sure to double-check all entry requirements and restrictions when traveling overseas.
- St. Lucia – This sublime island paradise is always a popular destination, especially for travelers from the east coast of the U.S. (due to the direct flight options). May and June are the perfect months to visit if you're looking to keep your babymoon budget-friendly. Keep in mind December through April are the peak months, and there is a greater chance of hurricanes in summer and fall. A top luxury option on the island is the incomparable Viceroy Sugar Beach.
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – A perennial favorite of Americans, especially those on the west coast, Cabo is a fantastic babymoon destination. There are artifacts to visit, incredible fine dining options, and lodging options from affordable to over-the-top luxury. There's a reason why Cabo is on travelers' top lists year after year!
- Cyclades Islands, Greece – Anyone who wants to enjoy a babymoon off the beaten path can find what they are looking for in this island chain off the coast of Greece. Fly into Athens and hop aboard a catamaran to explore this incredible area of the world. Or take a ferry to one of the amazing islands, like Paros, and spend your visit soaking in the sun, amazing cuisine, and old-world atmosphere.
Best Babymoon Destinations Europe
The best babymoon destinations in Europe really depend on the type of experience you are after. A babymoon in Europe in June will look much different than a babymoon in Europe in winter. A babymoon in Europe in May is perfect for anyone looking to avoid the summer crowds.
Many babymoon destinations in Europe provide an opportunity for some serious sightseeing, especially for art lovers. If being on your feet all day doesn't appeal to you, there are plenty of hotels that will cater to your every whim while you relax! Here are some of the best babymoon destinations for 2022 in Europe.
- Venice, Italy – If you want to visit an exciting city during your babymoon but aren't too keen to spend much time on your feet walking around, it's time to consider Venice, Italy. Here, you can be picked up from your hotel and spend the day exploring the city while comfortably riding in a gondola! The art, food, and architecture are enough to keep anyone engaged.
- Reykjavik, Iceland – While Iceland may not be an obvious choice for a babymoon, it has a lot going for it. Iceland Air provides direct flights from most major cities in the U.S. and Europe, and there is a wide range of lodging options available. Visit the Blue Lagoon to get your soak on, or splash out at the luxury Hotel Ranga where you can hope to catch sight of the Northern Lights.
- Scottish Highlands, Scotland – Nature lovers who really want to feel like they've gotten away from it all will love a visit to this majestic part of the world! A bracing walk along the coastal cliffs is enough to transport even the most stressed parents-to-be to a state of bliss. Fly to Glasgow or Edinburgh, take the train, or hire a motor coach and step back in time. You surely won't be disappointed!
If you want a little culture or an immersive experience from your babymoon destination, these spots are absolutely worth your consideration. Europe never disappoints as an enriching travel destination, no matter the occasion or reason for your travel.
Luxury Babymoon Destinations
If you want to consider some luxury babymoon destinations, these resorts fit the bill! Let someone pamper you from sunup to sundown and help you relax. These options will provide the ambiance, fine dining, and indulgence that will transport you to an experience that is beyond blissful.
- Biltmore Estate, Asheville, North Carolina – History buffs will adore a stay at this iconic estate located just outside of Asheville, North Carolina. There is enough to keep you busy, from meandering walks through the gardens to elegant, five-course meals. You’ll find a variety of different lodging options to fit your expectations and budget.
- Soho Farmhouse, Oxfordshire, UK – If you are looking for rustic elegance for your babymoon, consider this charming farmhouse that is part of the Soho House group of hotels and clubs. You will enjoy a 100-acre private refuge located not too far from London in the Cotswolds. The spa is world renowned and a true oasis. This is the perfect spot for a break from a busy London visit or for the entire duration of your babymoon.
- Mustique, St. Vincent and the Grenadines – Often referred to as a private island, it is possible to visit this Caribbean gem without staying on private property. Note that December to April is the high season, and late summer into fall is hurricane season. Many people love to visit in the spring and early summer when the weather is just about perfect every day. Book a suite or cottage at Cotton House and feel all your cares melt away.
These luxury experiences don't come cheap, but many find that the $950+/night price tag to be well worth it!
Planning for a baby sometimes feels like a full-time job! It can be exhausting getting everything ready while still taking care of everything else on your plate. That's why many expecting couples opt for babymoon packages where someone else takes care of the planning!
Packages can be all-inclusive so you won't have to think about a thing, or they can provide a bit more flexibility in creating your own experience. These babymoon packages, including babymoon spa packages and other great options, are perfect for anyone looking to get away without having to do too much planning.
- La Quinta Resort & Club – This property in Palm Springs, California is the spa vacation package that you want! Located at the foot of the Santa Rosa mountains, the resort boasts golf courses, swimming pools, and everything you need for a relaxing and blissful babymoon.
- Sandals – When it comes to all-inclusive babymoon options, it makes sense to go with the company that has the most experience. We love the new Royal Curacao all-inclusive, where you can enjoy paradise starting at around $1,500.
- The Marriott Group of Hotels – Marriott hotels offer a changing selection of babymoon specials that are worth checking out if you are considering affordable babymoon packages. South Carolina’s Westin on Hilton Head, one of the great babymoon packages on the east coast, offers a babymoon package starting around $375/night depending on season and availability.
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas – The babymoon resort packages available at this popular resort have something for everyone. The lodging, dining, and entertainment options seem almost endless!
Wherever you choose to go for your babymoon, we hope you have a rejuvenating experience! Welcoming a new addition to the family can bring a lot of joy, but also create a bit of upheaval. Having some private time with your partner before your little one arrives is the perfect way to ensure that you are ready to go.
Be Sure to Explore These Related Resources:
- Pregnancy Travel Guide
- 11-Step Guide to Planning for International Travel
- 21 Tips for Staying Safe While Traveling
- Staying Healthy While You Travel
- The Ultimate Guide to Safe and Healthy Family Travel
- How to Safely Travel Abroad with Young Children (According to the Top 21 Family Travel Bloggers)
- How to Flying with Kids
- Is Travel Insurance Really Worth It?
Ready to Buy? Start Your Custom Travel Insurance Quote Below.
WorldTrips is a service company and a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies.
WorldTrips’ Atlas Travel Series and StudentSecure international travel medical insurance products are underwritten by Lloyd's. WorldTrips has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency, Ltd.
WorldTrips' Atlas Journey, Atlas Cruiser, and Atlas On-The-Go trip protection insurance products are underwritten by Tokio Marine HCC's U.S. Specialty Insurance Company (USSIC). USSIC is a Texas-domiciled insurance company operating on an admitted basis throughout the United States. Coverage is available to U.S. residents of the U.S. states and District of Columbia only. This plan provides insurance coverage that only applies during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home, and automobile insurance policies. Coverage may not be available in all states.
In the State of California, operating as WorldTrips Insurance Services. California Non- Resident Producer License Number: 0G3970