Why choose a StudentSecure plan?
- Budget-friendly options. Four plan levels, monthly payment option, and savings for paying full premium in advance.
- Convenience. Buy online and receive your policy documents immediately.
- Financial help for unforeseen medical expenses. Coverage for hospitalizations, local ambulance, medical evacuation, and more.
- International provider search engine. Find qualified medical providers in countries and territories worldwide.
- Travel assistance. Travel assistance services available in multiple languages 365 days a year.
*A pre-existing condition is any condition:
- for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment was recommended or received within 12 months prior to your effective date of coverage
- which would cause a reasonably prudent person to seek medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment within 12 months prior to your effective date of coverage
- that existed (with reasonable medical certainty) with 12 months prior to your effective date of coverage, whether or not it was known to you
**The acute onset of a pre-existing condition means a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a pre-existing condition which occurs spontaneously and without advance warning in the form of physician recommendations or symptoms, is of short duration, is rapidly progressive, and requires urgent care.
The acute onset of a pre-existing condition must occur after the effective date of the policy. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence. Chronic or congenital conditions or pre-existing conditions that gradually become worse over time will not be considered acute onset.