Check out some of our favorite Atlas benefits:
Atlas Policy Exclusions
Certain types of expenses are excluded from all Atlas policies. Here are some of the more asked-about exclusions:
- Pre-existing conditions*
- Routine medical examinations and care (i.e. wellness exams, ongoing prescriptions, etc.)
- Routine pre-natal, pregnancy, child birth, and post-natal care
- Medical expenses for injury or illness resulting from participation in some extreme sports
- Medical expenses related to any form of cancer or neoplasm
- Mental health disorders
- Injury due in whole or in part to the effects of intoxication or drugs (this does not refer to drugs taken in accordance with treatment prescribed by a physician)
For a full list of exclusions, be sure to read through the Atlas Description of Coverage.
*A pre-existing condition is any condition:
- for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment was recommended or received within a defined period of time prior to your effective date of coverage (this specified period of time varies from plan to plan and typically ranges from 60 days to 2 years)
- which would cause a reasonably prudent person to seek medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment within the defined period of time prior to your effective date of coverage
- that existed (with reasonable medical certainty) prior to your effective date of coverage, whether or not it was known to you
Why choose an Atlas plan?
- Affordability. Atlas plans start at just a dollar per day.
- Flexibility. Tailor your plan by choosing your deductible, length of coverage, and maximum coverage amount.
- Convenience. Buy online and receive your policy documents immediately.
- Protection. Coverage for hospitalizations, medical evacuation, emergency dental, and many other eligible medical expenses.
- Guaranteed acceptance. No health screenings—just buy and go.
- Wide provider network. Medical providers are available in over 130 countries and territories worldwide.
- Solid reputation. The Atlas Series is a product of Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group, an Indianapolis-based insurance company with nearly two decades’ experience. Tokio Marine HCC’s domestic insurance companies are rated “A++ (Superior)” by A.M. Best Company.
Not sure what you need?
We can help you decide. Just give us a call!