Insurance for Global Travel
When global travel poses medical and financial risk, travel medical insurance provides peace of mind.
Why do I need travel medical insurance?
Some domestic health plans provide limited coverage outside of your home country—and many provide none at all. If you cross international borders without adequate insurance, you leave yourself vulnerable to high out-of-pocket costs for unanticipated medical treatment.
A travel medical policy can provide you access to first-rate healthcare, financial help, and peace of mind if the unexpected occurs abroad!
For your international travel adventure, we offer our Atlas Series — a collection of travel medical plans providing customizable, quality coverage at an affordable price.
Whether you’re wandering the globe for business or for pleasure, as an individual or part of a group, there’s an Atlas plan for you!
Check out some of our favorite Atlas benefits:
Atlas Policy Exclusions
Certain types of expenses are excluded from all Atlas policies. Here are some of the more asked-about exclusions:
- Pre-existing conditions*
- Routine medical examinations and care (i.e. wellness exams, ongoing prescriptions, etc.)
- Routine pre-natal, pregnancy, child birth, and post-natal care
- Medical expenses for injury or illness resulting from participation in some extreme sports
- Medical expenses related to any form of cancer or neoplasm
- Mental health disorders
- Injury due in whole or in part to the effects of intoxication or drugs (this does not refer to drugs taken in accordance with treatment prescribed by a physician)
For a full list of exclusions, be sure to read through the Atlas Description of Coverage.
*A pre-existing condition is any condition:
- for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment was recommended or received within a defined period of time prior to your effective date of coverage (this specified period of time varies from plan to plan and typically ranges from 60 days to 2 years)
- which would cause a reasonably prudent person to seek medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment within the defined period of time prior to your effective date of coverage
- that existed (with reasonable medical certainty) prior to your effective date of coverage, whether or not it was known to you
Why choose an Atlas plan?
- Affordability. Atlas plans start at just a dollar per day.
- Flexibility. Tailor your plan by choosing your deductible, length of coverage, and maximum coverage amount.
- Convenience. Buy online and receive your policy documents immediately.
- Protection. Coverage for hospitalizations, medical evacuation, emergency dental, and many other eligible medical expenses.
- Guaranteed acceptance. No health screenings—just buy and go.
- Wide provider network. Medical providers are available in over 130 countries and territories worldwide.
- Solid reputation. The Atlas Series is a product of Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group, an Indianapolis-based insurance company with nearly two decades’ experience. Tokio Marine HCC’s domestic insurance companies are rated “A++ (Superior)” by A.M. Best Company.
Not sure what you need?
We can help you decide. Just give us a call!