Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler who’s explored the USA from coast to coast, there’s always a chance you could encounter a travel setback, injury, or unexpected illness as you navigate the country. For situations like these, visitor health insurance offers medical coverage, emergency travel benefits, and even travel assistance to international visitors.
Who Might Benefit from Visitor Health Insurance?
- USA tourists and leisure travelers
- Parents visiting their children in the U.S.
- Temporary workers and business visitors
- International students and exchange program participants
Why Do I Need Visitor Health Coverage for My Trip to the USA?
Many domestic health plans offer limited or no medical coverage outside of the policyholder’s home country. That’s why the U.S. Department of State recommends that you “learn what medical services your health insurance will cover overseas” and “if it covers emergency expenses such as medical evacuation” before you travel abroad.
While you’re likely to experience only minor inconveniences on your trip to the U.S., it’s important to acknowledge that there are risks associated with international travel. Unfamiliar foods, foreign bacteria, and even jet lag could result in illness that requires unexpected medical care.
Did You Know? In the United States, people are responsible for their own healthcare costs. According to healthcare.gov , the average cost of a 3-day hospital stay in the U.S. is around $30,000.
Furthermore, you could face a travel mishap (like the airline losing your checked luggage) that might result in additional expenses which you didn’t account for in your budget.
The good news? Visitor health insurance like WorldTrips' Atlas America® insurance offers quality coverage for eligible expenses resulting from scenarios like these.
What Does Visitor Health Insurance Cover?
In the face of a medical emergency, a visitor health insurance plan like Atlas America can provide access to a reliable network of doctors and hospitals, emergency assistance, and a number of vital benefits. Check out the following coverages and scenarios to learn how Atlas America insurance is there for you as you travel the USA:
- Unexpected Medical Expenses – If you become unexpectedly injured or fall suddenly ill and need to seek medical treatment, Atlas America will provide access to a nationwide network of doctors and hospitals. You will also be covered for eligible medical expenses under benefits such as Hospital Room and Board, Local Ambulance, Emergency Medical Evacuation, and Intensive Care Unit.
- Supplemental Travel Expenses – If your carrier loses your checked luggage, or your trip is interrupted due to a death in your immediate family, Atlas America will reimburse you for eligible costs.
- Emergency Reunion or Bedside Visit Expenses – If you are hospitalized following a covered emergency medical evacuation or confined to your hospital’s intensive care unit following a covered injury or illness, Atlas America will cover roundtrip costs to fly one relative of your choosing from your home country to your bedside. The Emergency Reunion benefit will also cover reasonable meals and accommodations for the relative for up to 15 days.
- Expenses Resulting from Death – In the unfortunate event of your death, Atlas America will cover eligible costs resulting from your local burial or cremation or the repatriation of your remains back to your home country. If eligible, your Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit will be paid out to your beneficiary.
- Travel Assistance Services – If you need a doctor, hospital, or legal referral, translation services, or assistance with lost or stolen travel documents, you will have free access to our multi-lingual customer service department 365 days a year.
Why Choose Atlas America Insurance?
Atlas America insurance from WorldTrips offers several different policies so you can find the coverage you need for your trip:
- Atlas Travel: Flexible and budget-friendly, this balanced plan offers high coverage limits for single international trips to the USA. Learn more about Atlas Travel or get a FREE Atlas Travel quote.
- Atlas Premium: This elite plan offers quality coverage with even higher coverage limits for a number of important benefits. Learn more about Atlas Premium or get a FREE Atlas Premium quote.
- Atlas Group: This plan provides the same great coverage as Atlas Travel – at a 10% discount for groups or families of 5 or more! Learn more about Atlas Group or get a FREE Atlas Group quote.
Atlas America Highlights
- Affordability. Atlas plans start at just a dollar per day.
- Flexibility. Tailor your plan by choosing your deductible, length of coverage, and maximum coverage amount.
- Convenience. Buy online and receive your policy documents immediately.
- Protection. 100% coverage for eligible medical expenses inside the Preferred Provider Network (PPO) – after the deductible and up to the overall maximum limit – for injuries and illness incurred inside the U.S. Includes coverage for eligible hospitalizations, medical evacuation, emergency dental, and many other medical expenses.
- Provider network. Our provider network covers all 50 states, with easy access for the majority of the U.S.
- Assistance. Receive free access to our full line of travel assistance services, available in multiple languages 365 days a year.
WorldTrips international travel medical insurance products are underwritten by Lloyd's. WorldTrips is a service company and a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies. WorldTrips has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency, Ltd.