Certain types of medical expenses are excluded from coverage under Atlas International insurance. Some exclusions are listed here. Please refer to the Atlas International (Atlas Travel) Description of Coverage for the complete list of exclusions.
- Charges resulting directly or indirectly from any *pre-existing condition, except as covered under the **Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Condition benefit
- Routine medical examinations
- Routine pre-natal care, pregnancy, child birth, and post-natal care
- Mental health disorders
- Medical expenses for injury or illness resulting from participation in specifically excluded extreme sports (see Description of Coverage for full list of excluded sports).
*A pre-existing condition is any condition:
- for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment was recommended or received within 2 years prior to your effective date of coverage
- which would cause a reasonably prudent person to seek medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment within 2 years prior to your effective date of coverage
- that existed (with reasonable medical certainty) with 2 years prior to your effective date of coverage, whether or not it was known to you
**The acute onset of a pre-existing condition is a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a pre-existing condition which occurs spontaneously and without advance warning, either in the form of physician recommendations or symptoms. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence. Chronic and congenital conditions, complications or consequences of a chronic or congenital condition, or conditions that gradually worsen over time are excluded from coverage.